- Table View
- List View
Magnetic Resonance Imaging in Movement Disorders is the first book to focus in detail on MRI in a range of movement disorders. Since MRI was first employed in imaging Parkinson's disease, the number of imaging techniques and their application in diagnosis and management has extended widely. The book shows various imaging strategies ranging from functional, structural and chemical methods as they relate to both motor and non-motor aspects of Parkinson's disease and other conditions such as Huntington's disease and dystonia. Chapters on MRI in surgery and using MRI as a potential outcome measure in clinical trials show the clinical relevance of methods. Novel methods including DTI, tractography and resting case studies are described in detail. The book also summarises the relevance of fMRI to various aspects of movement disorders. Magnetic Resonance Imaging in Movement Disorders is essential reading for neurologists, radiologists and movement disorder specialists.
A large number of neurological conditions result in abnormal movements of the body; these are often characterized by changes in coordination and altered speed of voluntary movement. Many obscure diseases, conditions and environmental insults can cause movement disorders but these are often overlooked. This volume expands and differentiates the many varied clinical presentations of movement disorders. Written by an international team of authors, including some of the most prominent clinicians in the field, disorders are defined and expanded in a clinically useful manner. Pathophysiological theories, genetic discoveries, new classifications, differential diagnoses and therapies are discussed extensively. Uncommon Causes of Movement Disorders provides a broad and comprehensive review of the field, concentrating on conditions infrequently seen but essential for practitioners to recognize in order to implement appropriate management. This is a key text for movement disorders specialists and general neurologists at all stages of their career.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.