- Table View
- List View
It's junior year at Del Rio Bay High, and from near and far, the guys are taking center stage. . . Now that Mina's boyfriend Brian is off to Duke University, life in Del Rio Bay is lonely. And Brian's busy schedule as a Duke baller isn't helping. As the season heats up and the phone calls get fewer, Mina's insecurity increases--and so does Brian's impatience with it. But he's not the only guy in the clique dealing with craziness. Michael's passion for fashion has led to a chance to attend a special creative arts program in D. C. He knows he should jump on it, but leaving home is harder than he thought. He turns to his dancer friend Rob for support, but Rob's presence around the clique triggers star athlete JZ's feelings of homophobia. As JZ's discomfort simmers, his feelings get the best of him when he finds himself seriously attracted to Jacinta--and discovers she's on a different page. With relationships in the balance and friendships at risk, Flipping the Script challenges the guys to step up when the stakes are high.
In exactly one hour, eighteen minutes, and thirty-five seconds, Mina Mooney will be dipping her pink Nellie timbs into the infamous frosh pit. . . Hoping Del Rio Bay High will live up to her greatest expectations, Mina has big plans for infiltrating the school's social glitterati. After all, she's been mad popular for as long as she can remember-and she isn't about to go from Middle School Royalty to High School Ambiguity. But Del Rio Bay is a big school, so it'll take some plotting to avoid getting lost in the crowd. Good thing she isn't afraid of a little hard work and that her playground peeps-Lizzie, Michael, and JZ-have got her back. But it isn't long before Mina's big plans for securing her social status take a back seat to some drama that was so not expected. Lizzie's scored an invite from the beautiful people that Mina can only dream about, and not only is Michael tripping about being back in school, but now he's beefing with JZ. Worst of all, Mina's sociology class experiment to rid the world-or at least Del Rio Bay High-of prejudice is about to backfire. . . because it might just mean she'll have to rid herself of her very best friend. A novel about friendship, betrayal, and how far some will go for popularity, So Not the Drama takes a fresh and wickedly funny look at planet high school.
Mina Mooney is about to discover that when you're at the top, the only place to go is down. . . It's springtime in Del Rio Bay, and everyone's heading to the O. C. to catch the varsity cheer squad compete at the Extreme Nationals. Everyone's pumped, especially Mina Mooney, because making the elite squad has finally gained her entrance into the Upper Circle. Mina's psyched for the big show--and some unsupervised cuddle time with Brian. Best of all, her number-one enemy, Jessica, has shocked everyone by calling a truce. But little does she know that Jessica's peace offer is nothing more than a disguise for what she really has in store for Mina. . . Spring break means all sorts of trouble for Mina's friends, too. Lizzie, whose focus has never strayed from the books, is boy crazy for the first time in her life. Kelly's decision to give ex-hustler Angel another chance just might backfire. And Jacinta is having a hard time breaking things off with Raheem--even when he does something utterly unforgivable. Fun, fast-paced, and impossible to put down, That's What's Up! proves that when it comes to popularity, you better watch your back.
Mina Mooney has a new worst enemy--her best friend. . . Summer is just around the corner, but things are already too hot to handle in Del Rio Bay. Minas so sprung over Brian that shes having a hard time just thinking straight. So, shes not at all ready when her best friend Lizzie makes their clique swear to a year-long virginity pact. . . Now Mina and her crew are feeling way too much heat. Kelly is glad to take things slow with cute jock Greg--but ex-hustler Angel isnt about to let her go drama-free. For Jacinta, a missed period and Raheem planning "their" future together is promising nothing but trouble. And when Lizzie finds out Mina has "betrayed" the pact, its a head-to-head, no-holds-barred showdown that could say hasta la vista to the clique for good. Fresh, funny, and always on-point, Who You Wit? is all about choosing sides when things get all too real. Paula Chase Hyman lives in Maryland with her husband and two daughters. A former competitive cheer coach, her writing has appeared in Girls Life, Sweet 16, and Upscale magazine. Shes a founding member of The Brown Bookshelf, a national initiative dedicated to spotlighting African American children lit authors flying under the radar.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.