If you're preparing for the new CompTIA 2006 certification in A+, or the current Network+ and Security+ certifications, you'll find this book invaluable. It provides all the information you need to get ready for these exams, including the four new A+ exams -- the required Essentials exam and three elective exams that pertain to your area of specialization. As with other O'Reilly Nutshell books for certification exams, A+, Network+ and Security + in a Nutshell follows a proven style and approach. It reviews all of the topics needed to master each exam in a remarkably concise format, with required knowledge boiled down to the core. Instead of plowing through 500 to 700 pages to prepare for each exam, this book covers each one in approximately 150 pages. And because the objectives for the three elective A+ exams are redundant, and the book covers them in one section. The exams covered include: A+ Essentials: Required for A+ 2006 certification EXAM 220-602: For the A+ IT Technician specialization EXAM 220-603: For the A+ Remote Support Technician specialization EXAM 220-604: For the A+ IT Depot specialization EXAM N10-003: For Network+ Certification EXAM SYO-101: For Security+ Certification Each exam is covered in three parts: Exam Overview, Study Guide and Prep and Practice. Plenty of detailed tables and screen shots are included, along with study notes and practice questions. Once you have completed the exams successfully, you will find this all-in-one book to be a valuable reference to core administration and security skills.
For Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 administrators preparing for Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) core exam 70-270, and core exams 70-297, and 70-298, this book is invaluable. Not only does it provide the resources you need to succeed on the exams, but to succeed in the real world as well. Think of this book as the notes you would have taken if you were to capture every essential nugget of information related to the skills measured in the core elective exams. To begin with, MCSE Core Elective Exams in a Nutshell allows you to see all of the topics expected for mastery in each of the exams. Each exam is covered in three parts: Exam Overview , Study Guide and Test Your Knowledge sections. This makes for easy reference and a great study aid. The Exams covered include: EXAM 70-270: Installing, Configuring, and Administering Microsoft Windows XP Professional EXAM 70-297: Designing a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Active Directory and Network Infrastructure EXAM 70-298: Designing Security for a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Network Once you have completed the exams successfully, you will find the book to be a valuable reference to core Windows administration and security skills. This book uses the same successful format found in MCSE Core Required Exams in a Nutshell by William Stanek, and together they satisfy all of the Core exam requirements for your MCSE certification.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.