- Table View
- List View
This book will aid readers who are preparing for the new CompTIA 2006 certification in A+ or the current Network+ and Security+ certifications. It reviews all of the topics needed to master each exam in a concise format, covering each exam in about 150 pages. Because the objectives for the three A+ exams are redundant, the book covers them in one section. Each exam is covered in three parts, with an exam overview, a study guide, and practice questions. Tables, screenshots, and study notes are included. The exams covered include: A+ Essentials for A+2006 certification; Exam 220-602 for the A+ IT Technician specialization; Exam 220-603 for the A+ Remote Support Technician specialization; Exam 220-604 for the A+ IT Depot specialization; Exam N10-003 for Network+ certification; and Exam SYO-101 for Security+ certification. Bhardwaj is an independent technical trainer.
If you're preparing for the new CompTIA 2006 certification in A+, or the current Network+ and Security+ certifications, you'll find this book invaluable. It provides all the information you need to get ready for these exams, including the four new A+ exams -- the required Essentials exam and three elective exams that pertain to your area of specialization. As with other O'Reilly Nutshell books for certification exams, A+, Network+ and Security + in a Nutshell follows a proven style and approach. It reviews all of the topics needed to master each exam in a remarkably concise format, with required knowledge boiled down to the core. Instead of plowing through 500 to 700 pages to prepare for each exam, this book covers each one in approximately 150 pages. And because the objectives for the three elective A+ exams are redundant, and the book covers them in one section. The exams covered include: A+ Essentials: Required for A+ 2006 certification EXAM 220-602: For the A+ IT Technician specialization EXAM 220-603: For the A+ Remote Support Technician specialization EXAM 220-604: For the A+ IT Depot specialization EXAM N10-003: For Network+ Certification EXAM SYO-101: For Security+ Certification Each exam is covered in three parts: Exam Overview, Study Guide and Prep and Practice. Plenty of detailed tables and screen shots are included, along with study notes and practice questions. Once you have completed the exams successfully, you will find this all-in-one book to be a valuable reference to core administration and security skills.
For Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 administrators preparing for Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) core exam 70-270, and core exams 70-297, and 70-298, this book is invaluable. Not only does it provide the resources you need to succeed on the exams, but to succeed in the real world as well. Think of this book as the notes you would have taken if you were to capture every essential nugget of information related to the skills measured in the core elective exams. To begin with, MCSE Core Elective Exams in a Nutshell allows you to see all of the topics expected for mastery in each of the exams. Each exam is covered in three parts: Exam Overview , Study Guide and Test Your Knowledge sections. This makes for easy reference and a great study aid. The Exams covered include: EXAM 70-270: Installing, Configuring, and Administering Microsoft Windows XP Professional EXAM 70-297: Designing a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Active Directory and Network Infrastructure EXAM 70-298: Designing Security for a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Network Once you have completed the exams successfully, you will find the book to be a valuable reference to core Windows administration and security skills. This book uses the same successful format found in MCSE Core Required Exams in a Nutshell by William Stanek, and together they satisfy all of the Core exam requirements for your MCSE certification.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.