- Table View
- List View
The short stories in this book will take you to fictional worlds as far away as India and as close as the family next door. By introducing you to new people in a variety of situations, these stories will touch your heart, challenge your mind, and stretch your imagination.
Just as there are different types of sports, like basketball or swimming, so there are different forms of literature. Each form, called a genre (zhän rə), has its own characteristics. In this introduction, you can learn about these genres. Keep these terms in mind.
Longman Science prepares students in grades 6-12 for success in a standards-based science program with a broad overview of life, earth, and physical science. All activities are specifically geared to students in the early stages of English language acquisition, and help build content knowledge, skills, and learning strategies. Special offer: Take advantage of our special offer: get the Longman Science Student Book and Workbook for only$44. 95. That's 25% off the regular price of these two books combined. Click here for details. Features For beginning to high beginning English language learners. "Getting Started" unit introduces concepts of science, safety, and the scientific method. Reading strategies are explicitly taught and modeled throughout the readings. Science skills, such as using and interpreting visuals, charts, and graphs are taught and recycled throughout each lesson. Unit Review provides additional practice, extension projects, further reading, and a Unit Experiment. Vocabulary building activities and glossaries help students access and build mastery of the content.
Mathematical Models with Applications is intended to build on previous courses, including Algebra I, and to place emphasis on bringing about a deeper understanding of those mathematical relationships that will help students gain mathematical literacy in the real world and simultaneously help them build a strong foundation for future study in mathematics and other disciplines. The main goals for this textbook are to teach students how to problem-solve, communicate mathematically, create and interpret mathematical representations and models, and make efficient and appropriate use of technology to solve problems.
This mathematics workbook will help students do three things--review, practice, and think critically.
This book contains a lot of easy to use learning tools to study the concept of Geometry with the support of Problem-Solving lessons and Calculator lessons. Math Connections, On-the-job Math, and Math In Your Life are features that include interesting information about how we use math every day. Other features help you to organize your study of geometry.
World History is the study of important people, places, and events of the world.
Here is a complete list of the California State Standards for Language Arts so that you can know what you are expected to learn this year. In this strand of standards, you will use your prior knowledge of word origins to learn the meanings of new words and to use these words correctly. Over the years, many words in English have changed in meaning and spelling. Words that came to English from other languages may also have evolved from their original forms. Knowing a word's etymology, or history, will help you understand its meaning. Many words in English come from classical languages of long ago and contain distinct references to science or mathematics. Knowing the meanings of word parts (roots, prefixes, and suffixes) will help you figure out the meanings of unfamiliar words. An analogy is a statement that two dissimilar things are alike in some way. Examining the relationships expressed in analogies helps us think logically. In this strand of standards you will read material with the purpose of analyzing its organization as well as the arguments and positions it advances.
This comprehensive volume comprises 6 units covering Fiction and Nonfiction, Short Stories, Types of Nonfiction, Poetry, Drama, Themes in Literature: Heroes and Dreamers and also Resources (Vocabulary Handbook, Literary Handbook Writing Handbook Grammar, Usage, and Mechanics Handbook).
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.