- Table View
- List View
This best-selling introduction to medical terminology text is flexible enough to be used in a traditional or a self-instructional course format. Suited for students of all levels in the allied health professions, this text provides the appropriate amount of detail needed to learn the basics of medical terminology. After studying the fundamentals of pronunciation, students can study the chapters in any order the instructor deems appropriate The Third Edition also includes a new chapter on Cancer Medicine and a user-friendly CD-ROM with interactive flashcards, crossword puzzles, and additional exercises. This text with helpful online resources is highly accessible for all health care students, offering a wealth of valuable information at an attractive price. Read the Preface And The Guidelines on How to Use This Book! Do you want to provide your Medical Terminology students with an easy-to-use online learning experience? Our new JBCourseManager is a free online resource when you adopt! JBCourseManager for Essential Medical Terminology, Third Edition features: Pre-loaded instructor resources as well as the function to upload your own Medical search term function Medical term of the day Ability to add your own assignments, quizzes, wikis, workshops, blogs, etc. , and change or remove the pre-loaded content Links to medical term pronounciation Accessible calendar with "upcoming events" reminders Threaded discussion forums, live chat sessions, and instant messaging capabilities Unique discussion forum setting, known as our "Q&A", cuts down on students copying answers Comprehensive reports to view all student activity Complete Companion Website with a vast array of resources including audio files
Acting as chemical messengers for olfactory cells, food flavor materials are organic compounds that give off a strong, typically pleasant smells. Handbook of Fruit and Vegetable Flavors explores the flavor science and technology of fruits and vegetables, spices, and oils by first introducing specific flavors and their commercialization, then detailing the technical aspects, including biology, biotechnology, chemistry, physiochemistry, processing, analysis, extraction, commodities, and requirements for application as food additives. With chapter authors representing more than ten different countries, this handy reference provides a comprehensive view of this evolving science.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.