- Table View
- List View
This book provides all the task material, essential reading and worksheets from A Course in Language Teaching, but without background information, bibliographies, notes or solutions. The tasks, which focus on both practical and theoretical aspects, are designed to encourage critical reflection on key topics of language teaching. It is suitable for those studying on a trainer-led course, where the trainer is available to provide input, guidance and feedback.
The fully revised edition of this 'classic' helps teachers give their learners the tools they need to express themselves through a range of stimulating drama contexts. This completely revised edition of the classic title Drama Techniques provides: *150 ideas for interesting and productive fluency practice *a large selection of drama-based techniques which focus learners' attention on communicative tasks or activities *techniques suitable for all levels *clear instructions for the teacher *advice on how to use the techniques in the classroom
This comprehensive resource book contains an easy-to-use set of short activities essential for anyone teaching Business English. Reflecting real-life business activities such as emails, noisy telephone conversations, making excuses, negotiating, handling customer complaints and cultural awareness, Five-Minute Activities for Business English helps teachers mirror the pacey feel of the work environment. This book is also of interest to teachers of general English who are looking for stimulating skills-based activities in meaningful contexts and complements both tailored and coursebook-based materials. The four main areas covered are 'Business topics', 'Business communication skills', 'Language work' and 'Exploiting coursebooks'. These areas feature activities on various topics such as money, finance, meetings, negotiations, telephoning, management, marketing, etc.
Here are 99 enjoyable activities, for 11-16 year olds, to coax, cajole and tempt them into learning English. The authors, drawing on their own vast experience, share ideas on maintaining discipline, using ice-breakers, warmers, fillers, developing vocabulary and using literature.
Lessons from Nothing is an invaluable resource for busy teachers everywhere who are looking for easy-to-use activities which do not require extensive facilities or preparation. It is a practical source of around 70 language teaching activities which encourage interaction and co-operation in the classroom. Special features: * activities for immediate use * activities for all ages and levels * clear presentation * no photocopying required.
This book deals with the kinds of everyday questions working teachers face as they plan lessons and courses. Each chapter contains an analysis of the issue under discussion, as well as practical principles and sample activities.
This book provides a practical introduction to Business English for new and experienced teachers, and deals with a range of issues from needs analysis and course planning to testing and evaluation.
This book provides practical advice for teachers who work with large, mixed-ability classes. It offers a wide variety of activities to develop student motivation, interest, participation and responsibility.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.