- Table View
- List View
This book provides all the task material, essential reading and worksheets from A Course in Language Teaching, but without background information, bibliographies, notes or solutions. The tasks, which focus on both practical and theoretical aspects, are designed to encourage critical reflection on key topics of language teaching. It is suitable for those studying on a trainer-led course, where the trainer is available to provide input, guidance and feedback.
The fully revised edition of this 'classic' helps teachers give their learners the tools they need to express themselves through a range of stimulating drama contexts. This completely revised edition of the classic title Drama Techniques provides: *150 ideas for interesting and productive fluency practice *a large selection of drama-based techniques which focus learners' attention on communicative tasks or activities *techniques suitable for all levels *clear instructions for the teacher *advice on how to use the techniques in the classroom
This comprehensive resource book contains an easy-to-use set of short activities essential for anyone teaching Business English. Reflecting real-life business activities such as emails, noisy telephone conversations, making excuses, negotiating, handling customer complaints and cultural awareness, Five-Minute Activities for Business English helps teachers mirror the pacey feel of the work environment. This book is also of interest to teachers of general English who are looking for stimulating skills-based activities in meaningful contexts and complements both tailored and coursebook-based materials. The four main areas covered are 'Business topics', 'Business communication skills', 'Language work' and 'Exploiting coursebooks'. These areas feature activities on various topics such as money, finance, meetings, negotiations, telephoning, management, marketing, etc.
Here are 99 enjoyable activities, for 11-16 year olds, to coax, cajole and tempt them into learning English. The authors, drawing on their own vast experience, share ideas on maintaining discipline, using ice-breakers, warmers, fillers, developing vocabulary and using literature.
Lessons from Nothing is an invaluable resource for busy teachers everywhere who are looking for easy-to-use activities which do not require extensive facilities or preparation. It is a practical source of around 70 language teaching activities which encourage interaction and co-operation in the classroom. Special features: * activities for immediate use * activities for all ages and levels * clear presentation * no photocopying required.
This book deals with the kinds of everyday questions working teachers face as they plan lessons and courses. Each chapter contains an analysis of the issue under discussion, as well as practical principles and sample activities.
This book provides a practical introduction to Business English for new and experienced teachers, and deals with a range of issues from needs analysis and course planning to testing and evaluation.
This book provides practical advice for teachers who work with large, mixed-ability classes. It offers a wide variety of activities to develop student motivation, interest, participation and responsibility.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.