Few areas of medicine have evolved as rapidly as cardiac electrophysiology. What were only a short time ago seen to be lethal rhythm disturbances can now be treated with confidence in a diverse spectrum of patients. The first edition of Management of Cardiac Arrhythmias, published over ten years ago, has served clinicians not only as a practical guide to cardiac arrhythmias, but also as a comprehensive reference source. The second edition builds upon the concise style and expert authorship of its predecessor to provide the most up-to-date information on the diagnosis and treatment of this group of diseases. The introductory chapters begin with historical perspectives of the field and move on to discuss the scientific basis of arrhythmogenesis and diagnostic testing. The book then devotes specific chapters to various arrhythmias, including technical innovations in treatment and insights from clinical trials of and current guidelines for permanent pacemakers and implantable cardioverter-defibrillators. Subsequent chapters focus on arrhythmias in specific populations, including athletes, children, and women during pregnancy. Syndromes such as syncope, long and short QT syndrome, and J wave syndromes are also covered. Presenting complex information in a clearly structured and efficient format, this book is an incomparable asset to cardiologists and other physicians and health care professionals involved in the treatment of patients with cardiac arrhythmias.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.