- Table View
- List View
This new edition of the 'all in one' textbook for the postgraduate study of valuation on real estate courses retains its focus on the valuation and appraisal of commercial and industrial property across investment, development and occupier markets. It is structured from the client perspective and covers single-asset pricing, risk and return issues.The structure of the book has been substantially revised. Part A introduces the key microeconomic principles, focussing on land as a resource, production functions, supply and demand and price determination. The locational aspect of real estate is also introduced. Macroeconomic considerations are categorised by the main market sectors (and their function); the market for land (development), for space (occupation) and for money (investment). The economic context is set and the author then explains why property valuations are required and discusses the main determinants of value and how they might be identified. The mathematics required to financially quantify value determinants are also introduced. Part B of the book describes the methods of valuation; Part C applies these methods to the valuation of a range of property types for a wide variety of purposes; and Part D covers investment and development appraisal.The author introduces valuation activities from a broad economic perspective, setting valuation in its business finance context and combining its academic and practical roots. Changes in this second edition include:less daunting economicsexpanded companion website with PowerPoint slides for lecturers, self-test Questions & Answers for students: see www.wiley.com/go/wyattpropertyvaluationup-to-date case studies and sample valuationsreference to the newly-published Red Book (the valuer's bible)Property Valuation with its user-friendly format, using tried-and-tested teaching and learning devices and a clear writing style, remains the core text for students on real estate, estate management and land economy degree courses, as well as for fast-track conversion courses for non-cognate graduates.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.