- Table View
- List View
Each chapter will focus on the known molecular characteristics of specific childhood cancers, focusing on how the molecular 'drivers' can be exploited from a therapeutic standpoint with currently available targeted agents. Where applicable, integration of targeted therapies with conventional cytotoxic agents will be considered. This volume will provide a comprehensive summary of molecular characteristics of childhood cancers, and how the changes involved in transformation provide us with opportunities for developing relatively less toxic, but curative, therapies.
mTOR Pathway and mTOR Inhibitors in Cancer Therapy provides an up-to-date survey of the rapidly advancing field of cancer therapy. Our understanding of the mechanisms involved in cancer genesis and progression underwent unprecedented expansion during the last decade, opening a new era of cancer treatment - targeted therapy. The surge in this area results in no small part from studies conducted jointly by basic health scientists and clinical investigators. It is our hope that this book will help foster even further collaboration between investigators in these two disciplines. In this work, experts in TOR signaling have contributed in two thematic areas: mTOR Signaling and Cancer Therapy (chapters 1 - 8) and Therapeutic Targeting Downstream of mTOR (chapter 9 - 13). All chapters of mTOR Pathway and mTOR Inhibitors in Cancer Therapy are completely new or have been extensively updated by their authors; and we are indebted to all authors who have exemplified the links between these 2 thematic areas.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.