- Table View
- List View
Few areas of medicine have evolved as rapidly as cardiac electrophysiology. What were only a short time ago seen to be lethal rhythm disturbances can now be treated with confidence in a diverse spectrum of patients. The first edition of Management of Cardiac Arrhythmias, published over ten years ago, has served clinicians not only as a practical guide to cardiac arrhythmias, but also as a comprehensive reference source. The second edition builds upon the concise style and expert authorship of its predecessor to provide the most up-to-date information on the diagnosis and treatment of this group of diseases. The introductory chapters begin with historical perspectives of the field and move on to discuss the scientific basis of arrhythmogenesis and diagnostic testing. The book then devotes specific chapters to various arrhythmias, including technical innovations in treatment and insights from clinical trials of and current guidelines for permanent pacemakers and implantable cardioverter-defibrillators. Subsequent chapters focus on arrhythmias in specific populations, including athletes, children, and women during pregnancy. Syndromes such as syncope, long and short QT syndrome, and J wave syndromes are also covered. Presenting complex information in a clearly structured and efficient format, this book is an incomparable asset to cardiologists and other physicians and health care professionals involved in the treatment of patients with cardiac arrhythmias.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.