- Table View
- List View
Widely regarded as the definitive clinical reference and text in the field, this authoritative volume presents effective cognitive-behavioral approaches for treating frequently encountered child and adolescent disorders. The editor and contributors are leading experts who provide hands-on, how-to-do-it descriptions illustrated with clinical examples. Relevant theories and research findings are explained, and exemplary treatment manuals and client workbooks reviewed. Coverage encompasses evidence-based treatments for aggression, attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder, anxiety disorders, depression and suicidality, obsessive-compulsive disorder, eating disorders, and trauma. Ways to involve parents in treatment are addressed throughout. New to This Edition Presents advances in conceptualizing and treating specific clinical problems. Up-to-date information on treatment manuals and outcome research. Chapters on additional therapies: modular treatments, dialectical behavior therapy, and mindfulness-based interventions.
In Childhood Disorders, Philip C. Kendall provides an up-to-date summary of the current information about the psychological disorders of childhood - their causes, nature and course - together with discussion and evaluation of the major models that guide psychological thinking about the disorders. Drawing on the research literature and case studies from his own clinical work, Kendall describes each of the major childhood disorders. He goes on to give a detailed consideration of the criteria used to make the diagnoses, a presentation of the latest research findings on the nature of the disorder, and an overview of the methods used and evaluations conducted for the treatment of the disorders. Throughout, the range of normal behavioural variations is set as the backdrop against which to make judgements about psychological disorders, and the role of the family in the onset and course of psychological difficulties is explored. Within the coverage of the treatments of childhood disorders, emphasis is placed upon those treatments that have been empirically evaluated and found to be effective in producing beneficial change for the children. In the end, a series of provocative questions are raised and the reader is asked to recognise and think about the personal and social implications of the decisions that we make regarding how we deal with the disorders of childhood. Childhood Disorders will provide an accessible, up-to-date introduction to the field for both students and professionals alike.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.