- Table View
- List View
Widely regarded as the definitive clinical reference and text in the field, this authoritative volume presents effective cognitive-behavioral approaches for treating frequently encountered child and adolescent disorders. The editor and contributors are leading experts who provide hands-on, how-to-do-it descriptions illustrated with clinical examples. Relevant theories and research findings are explained, and exemplary treatment manuals and client workbooks reviewed. Coverage encompasses evidence-based treatments for aggression, attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder, anxiety disorders, depression and suicidality, obsessive-compulsive disorder, eating disorders, and trauma. Ways to involve parents in treatment are addressed throughout. New to This Edition Presents advances in conceptualizing and treating specific clinical problems. Up-to-date information on treatment manuals and outcome research. Chapters on additional therapies: modular treatments, dialectical behavior therapy, and mindfulness-based interventions.
In Childhood Disorders, Philip C. Kendall provides an up-to-date summary of the current information about the psychological disorders of childhood - their causes, nature and course - together with discussion and evaluation of the major models that guide psychological thinking about the disorders. Drawing on the research literature and case studies from his own clinical work, Kendall describes each of the major childhood disorders. He goes on to give a detailed consideration of the criteria used to make the diagnoses, a presentation of the latest research findings on the nature of the disorder, and an overview of the methods used and evaluations conducted for the treatment of the disorders. Throughout, the range of normal behavioural variations is set as the backdrop against which to make judgements about psychological disorders, and the role of the family in the onset and course of psychological difficulties is explored. Within the coverage of the treatments of childhood disorders, emphasis is placed upon those treatments that have been empirically evaluated and found to be effective in producing beneficial change for the children. In the end, a series of provocative questions are raised and the reader is asked to recognise and think about the personal and social implications of the decisions that we make regarding how we deal with the disorders of childhood. Childhood Disorders will provide an accessible, up-to-date introduction to the field for both students and professionals alike.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.