- Table View
- List View
Good news for people without a four-year degree who are seeking a new or different job: The authors have sorted through the latest government job data and selected the 300 best jobs that don't require a four-year degree. Each of these jobs has high earnings, good growth potential, or many job openings. For example: *The #1 job with the best combination of pay, growth, and number of openings that doesn't require a four-year degree is Registered Nurse. It has average annual earnings of $46,410, is growing at a 25.6 percent rate, and has 140,000 openings per year. *Among the best jobs requiring moderate-term on-the-job training are Advertising Sales Agent (#1), Correctional Officer and Jailer (#4), and Roofer (#7). *The job with the highest percentage of self-employed workers that doesn't require a four-year degree is Real Estate Sales Agent (69.4%). Who Can Benefit from This Book? *People interested in exploring new, better-paying, or more interesting career options requiring less than a four-year college degree *Students researching and planning for future training and careers *Teachers and counselors helping students, graduates, and job seekers. Discover the best jobs for you in two steps! Browse the best jobs lists in Part I to find the jobs that interest you most. Then look up their information-packed descriptions in Part II for more details on earnings, growth, education or training needed, job tasks, and much more.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.