- Table View
- List View
Celebrate the first 10 years of the groundbreaking Quilting Arts magazine with a collection of the best articles, projects, and techniques.Pokey Bolton, founder of Quilting Arts magazine, has compiled the most popular articles that have inspired quilters and artists alike to move beyond the basics of art quilting and re-explore machine and hand stitching, fabric embellishment, surface design, and more. Inside you'll find:quilt art techniques from fabric collage and appliqué to resist dyeing, stamping, and foilingmachine-stitching and thread-painting tips and tutorials from award-winning art quiltersideas and advice for the professional quilt artistan array of binding and stitching techniques to make your art quilt stand outmethods for making realistic representational art quilts, including portraits of pets and people. Whether you're making your first art quilt or are a seasoned quilt artist eager to enhance your designs, you'll find endless instruction and inspiration in The Best of Quilting Arts.
This is Art Quilting 101 in a book! Patricia Bolton, founder and editor-in-chief of Quilting Arts Magazine, has assembled some of the most popular topics, articles, and artists from past issues of Quilting Arts Magazine - plus innovative new techniques offered by today's most respected contemporary quilt artists - in this definitive art-quilting technique and inspiration book.Inside, readers will find everything art-quilt related, from art and design principles for quilters to in-depth techniques for surface design and embellishment. Each chapter showcases various art quilting concepts along with step-by-step photos of every technique. Stunning art quilts by the world's leading quilt artists are shown throughout the book for endless inspiration.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.