- Table View
- List View
This book of Ancient Civilizations is divided into six units, covering Early Humankind; Mesopotamia, Egypt, and Kush; The Ancient Hebrews; The Ancient Greeks; Early Civilizations of India and China; and The Development of Rome.
History textbook about old civilizations.
This book contains all you need to learn and know about communities.
Think about the many groups of whi8ch you are a part. Your family, your class, and your community are different kinds of groups, and you are a member of each one. You are also a member or citizen of your town or city, your state, and your country. Citizens work to improve the many groups to which they belong and to make their world a better place.
Social studies textbook about the history and geography of California.
This book comprises 6 units of 12 chapters and the contents include: Our Geography (Physical and Human Geography; People and their Environment), American Indians (the Land and the First People; California Indians Today), Community History (How Communities Began; Building Communities) Government and Citizenship (the United States Government; Citizenship), Standing United (America's Cherished Ideals; Securing Our Freedoms) and Understanding Economics (Workers and Consumers; Costs and Benefits).
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.