- Table View
- List View
In Completing Your Thesis Or Dissertation, Fred Pyrczak has assembled advice and anecdotal examples from seventy-one university professors for students who are frustrated with, or fail to complete, their dissertations. The wealth of techniques and strategies offered will prove invaluable for anyone struggling to complete a thesis or dissertation regardless of subject matter or category of topic. The contributors cover all aspects of the thesis or dissertation process including defending the writing, getting help from others, goals and timelines, outside pressures, overcoming self-doubt and anxiety, the prospectus/proposalm reviewing the literature, rewarding oneself, selecting a committee and chair, selecting a topic, writing, work habits, working with the committe and chair, dealing with writer's block, and more. Completing Your Thesis Or Dissertation should be required reading for all students who are faced with the often daunting task of writing a thesis or dissertation.
When students in the social and behavioral sciences take advanced courses in their major field of study, they are often required to read and evaluate original research reports published as articles in academic journals. This book is designed as a guide for students who are first learning how to engage in this process.
Writing Empirical Research Reports: A Basic Guide for Students of the Social and Behavioral Sciences (6th edition)by Fred Pyrczak Randall R. Bruce
A basic guide on how to write research papers for students in the social sciences.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.