- Table View
- List View
The special medical Qi Gong described in this book was developed and perfected over the course of 1,700 years by Taoists, traditional Chinese medical doctors, and Qi Gong experts in China to meet the needs of a woman's unique anatomy. Author Tina Zhang leads readers through a variety of pleasurable postures and easy exercises that address specific areas of the body. In turn, these exercises, which work progressively to strengthen the spirit-mind-body connection, enhance natural female energy to help prevent or alleviate health issues and conditions from puberty to post-menopause, including high blood pressure, stress, fatigue, endometriosis, age-related problems, and more. Emphasizing a balance between hormones and emotions, the book includes concise descriptions of selected acupuncture points, meridians, and orbits that promote long-range anti-aging and long-term optimal health. Women empowered by these benefits can take control of their bodies and better direct and assist their physicians in maintaining their health without the cost, risk, and side effects of pills, hormones, and supplements. Qi Gong for Women also contains useful information on addressing women's physical and spiritual health for physicians, acupuncturists, and doctors of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM).
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.