- Table View
- List View
Quentin Reynolds, noted author and columnist for Colliers magazine, was among the select group of American correspondents that recorded and recounted the Second World War in Europe from the very beginning. In this witty, perceptive and personal account the author tells of the fall of France and the Battle of Britain."Collier's our reporter tells the inside story of everyday life in England, particularly in London, and makes you feel, for sure "'there'll always be an England'". No mawkish sentimentality here, but cold hard facts about people, conditions and life and death. Reynolds was there in time to see France Collapse and he bears witness to the courage of the French soldiers, bewildered and betrayed by their leaders. He escaped south to Bordeaux, he got to England, to Ireland. He sees the Englishman in his home, his pub, his factory, his hospital, his airfield, his shelter. You meet R.A.F. men, labor leaders, members of the cabinet. Without belittling the punishment England is taking, he gives you confidence in their survival. Interesting and enlightening reading."-Kirkus Reviews.
A biography of the two brothers from Dayton, Ohio, who built and flew the first airplane.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.