- Table View
- List View
Exploring Design, Technology, and Engineering is an exciting introductory technology education text that provides in-depth coverage of the content defined in the Standards for Technological Literacy. Coverage includes the impacts of technology, technological systems, the history of technology,applying technology, and the designed world (agriculture and biotechnology, construction, manufacturing, information and communication, transportation, energy and power, and medical technology). This edition includes updated information o job skills, technological needs and wants, and technologicalimpacts.
Provides thorough coverage of manufacturing as it relates to the Standards for Technological Literacy.
Processes of Manufacturing provides comprehensive instruction in the various methods of processing metals, plastics, ceramics, and composite materials. The book devotes several chapters each to the major processes used in manufacturing today: casting and molding, forming, separating,conditioning, assembling, and finishing. A final section provides students with an introduction to such process design and control topics as sequencing of operations, automating processes, and quality control. The book is extensively illustrated with photos and a large number of line drawings that clearly convey the details of important processes.
The book helps students realize how technology affects people and the world in which we live.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.