Exploring Design, Technology, and Engineering is an exciting introductory technology education text that provides in-depth coverage of the content defined in the Standards for Technological Literacy. Coverage includes the impacts of technology, technological systems, the history of technology,applying technology, and the designed world (agriculture and biotechnology, construction, manufacturing, information and communication, transportation, energy and power, and medical technology). This edition includes updated information o job skills, technological needs and wants, and technologicalimpacts.
Provides thorough coverage of manufacturing as it relates to the Standards for Technological Literacy.
Processes of Manufacturing provides comprehensive instruction in the various methods of processing metals, plastics, ceramics, and composite materials. The book devotes several chapters each to the major processes used in manufacturing today: casting and molding, forming, separating,conditioning, assembling, and finishing. A final section provides students with an introduction to such process design and control topics as sequencing of operations, automating processes, and quality control. The book is extensively illustrated with photos and a large number of line drawings that clearly convey the details of important processes.
The book helps students realize how technology affects people and the world in which we live.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.