- Table View
- List View
Terahertz physics covers one of the least explored but richest regions of the electromagnetic spectrum. Designed for independent learning, this is the first book to open up this exciting new field to students of science and engineering. Written in a clear and consistent style, the textbook focuses on an understanding of fundamental physical principles at terahertz frequencies and their applications. Part I outlines the foundations of terahertz science, starting with the mathematical representation of oscillations before exploring terahertz-frequency light, terahertz phenomena in matter and the terahertz interactions between light and matter. Part II covers components of terahertz technology, from sources of terahertz frequency radiation, through the manipulation of the radiation, to its detection. Part III deals with applications, including time-domain spectroscopy. Highlighting modern developments and concepts, the book is ideal for self-study. It features precise definitions, clear explanations, instructive illustrations, fully worked examples, numerous exercises and a comprehensive glossary.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.