- Table View
- List View
The result of more than two decades of research and practice, The Endless Web presents in clear, readable language a comprehensive guide to understanding and working effectively with the myofascial system, the 'packing material' of the body. Myofascia is a flexible network of tissue that surrounds, cushions, and supports muscles, bones, and organs. It also acts as a riverbed containing the flow of interstitial fluid, and is a critical influence on the immune and hormonal systems. In daily life, this connective tissue is an underlying determinant of movement quality, modd, alertness, and general well-being. The Endless Web is a fully illustrated guide to understanding how myofascia works, it supportive role within the body's anatomy, and how gentle manipulation of the myofascial tissue is central to lasting therapeutic intervention and how it can be integrated into any bodywork practice.
Out in the Open, Revised Edition: The Complete Male Pelvis offers a frank exploration of the male pelvic region from a cultural and scientific perspective. Focusing on pelvic structure and development, the book explains how male sexuality develops throughout a man's life--from birth onwards. An experienced Rolfer with an academic background in physiology, the late author R. Louis Schultz, PhD, offers the fruits of his wisdom gleaned over the course of his twenty-five year bodywork career. A valuable guide for bodyworkers and laypeople alike, the book addresses such topics as: * Genital structure * Bodywork techniques to treat pelvic tightness * Erection, masturbation, and ejaculation * The link between emotion and male sexuality * Sexual stereotypes and mythsEnhanced with over 120 detailed photos and illustrations, the book offers valuable advice for bodyworkers working in the pelvic region, a possible area of tension and more serious pelvic conditions. Revised by Schultz's protégé, Advanced Rolfer Marcelo Coutinho, this edition includes a redesigned cover, a new foreword by Coutinho, and an added appendix of 20 exercises and self-treatments for common pelvic dysfunctions.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.