- Table View
- List View
Updated with 2005 USDA dietary guidelines and the new food pyramid, along with new materials on sanitation, computerized food service management systems, first aid and fire safety procedures, diet trends, and temperatures for cooking, cooling, and hot and cold storage, this comprehensive text emphasizes cost-effective and safe techniques along with advice on professional development. In 30 chapters Haines and Miller cover such topics as careers in food service, sanitation, tools and equipment, safety, nutrition, cooking methods and techniques, breakfast preparation, batter cooking, appetizers, seasonings, salads, cheeses, fruit, vegetables, pasta, soups, meat and fish, breads, cookies, pastries and specialty desserts. The also include hundreds of large-scale recipes (finally we know how to make six Key Lime pies at once), a glossary, and appendices on such topics as the mathematics related to food preparation. They have included a number photographs so well-done readers may be tempted to eat the pages.
This third edition of a book/CD-ROM text now contains color photos and diagrams on every page, and has been updated and expanded to reflect the latest welding technology. There are new chapters on areas such as repair welding, metallography, weld discontinuities, metal identification, and distortion control. Learning features include step-by-step exercises, key points and boxed facts, and a glossary. The CD-ROM contains a quiz for each section of the text, an illustrated glossary, media clips, and welding reference material. Author information is not given. Annotation ©2004 Book News, Inc. , Portland, OR (booknews. com)
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.