- Table View
- List View
For full-time moms, going back to work doesn't mean returning to your old job and easing back into the life you had before staying home to take care of the kids. Instead, it means reigniting old contacts (even those who were once your junior), marketing yourself, and getting over the intimidation that plagues most women who have been out of the workforce, whether it's been two, six, or fifteen years. Carol Cohen and Vivian Rabin, who have successfully pulled it off themselves, know that it can be done--with careful planning, strategizing, and creativity. In BACK ON THE CAREER TRACK, they offer a seven-step program for going back to work. These steps are: -Relaunch or not? You decide -Learn confidence -Assess your career options -Update your professional and job search skills, and prepare for the interview -Network, market yourself, and clinch the opportunity -Channel family support -Handle the job (or find another one) Cohen and Rabin also offer advice on maintaining the balance between work and home, and navigating the inevitable sticky situations with family and friends that arise when you return to work. This is a comprehensive, inspiring guide that is sure to become the classic resource in this field.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.