- Table View
- List View
Beating Your Eating Disorder: A Cognitive Behavioral Self-Help Guide for Adult Sufferers and Their Carersby Glenn Waller Victoria Mountford Rachel Lawson Emma Gray Helen Cordery Hendrik Hinrichsen
Do you or does someone you know, suffer from an eating disorder such as anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa or a less typical set of symptoms? The most effective, evidence-based treatment for adults with eating disorders is cognitive-behavioural therapy (CBT). This book presents a highly effective self-help CBT programme for all eating disorders, in an accessible format. It teaches skills to sufferers and carers alike. This book is relevant to any sufferer, if: · You are not yet sure about whether to seek help · You are not sure where to find help · Your family doctor or others recommend that you try a self-help approach · You are waiting for therapy with a clinician, and want to get the best possible start to beating your eating disorder
This book describes the application of cognitive behavioural principles to patients with a wide range of eating disorders - it covers those with straightforward problems and those with more complex conditions or co-morbid states. The book takes a highly pragmatic view. It is based on the published evidence, but stresses the importance of individualized, principle-based clinical work. It describes the techniques within the widest clinical context, for use across the age range and from referral to discharge. Throughout the text, the links between theory and practice are highlighted in order to stress the importance of the flexible application of skills to each new situation. Case studies and sample dialogs are employed to demonstrate the principles in action and the book concludes with a set of useful handouts for patients and other tools. This book will be essential reading for all those working with eating-disordered patients including psychologists, psychiatrists, nurses, counsellors, dieticians, and occupational therapists.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.