- Table View
- List View
A concise introduction to Feynman diagram techniques, this book shows how they can be applied to the analysis of complex many-particle systems, and offers a review of the essential elements of quantum mechanics, solid state physics and statistical mechanics. Alongside a detailed account of the method of second quantization, the book covers topics such as Green's and correlation functions, diagrammatic techniques, and superconductivity, and contains several case studies. Some background knowledge in quantum mechanics, solid state physics and mathematical methods of physics is assumed. Detailed derivations of formulas and in-depth examples and chapter exercises from various areas of condensed matter physics make this a valuable resource for both researchers and advanced undergraduate students in condensed-matter theory, many-body physics and electrical engineering. Solutions to exercises are made available online.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.