In the tradition of the bestselling Intellectual Capital, internationally recognized management and quality expert Rafael Aguayo shows how integrated mastery of many areas of knowledge -- MetaKnowledge -- can give corporate managers an edge, no matter what the future has in store. In today's world, the basis of economic power and wealth is rapidly shifting from physical resources to intellectual resources. Former powerhouses like U.S. Steel are now minor players, while modern giants such as Microsoft dominate industries that didn't even exist twenty-five years ago. The economy undergoes wild fluctuations. The Internet boom has come and gone. Through globalization, international boundaries are becoming less important every day. In such a dramatically changing environment, the management philosophy that endures must be based on principles that transcend daily occurrences and swings in the market. That's where MetaKnowledge comes in. Rafael Aguayo brings years of firsthand consulting experience to this book and galvanizes it with an impressive yet accessible body of academic study. A disciple of W. Edwards Deming, Aguayo studied with the man who brought quality to the Japanese. He has since expanded his field of expertise to encompass many subjects that contribute to successful business strategies, no matter what the industry. In The MetaKnowledge Advantage, Aguayo gives American managers an advantage by helping them break out of their narrow fields of expertise, synthesizing areas of knowledge as diverse as ecology, psychology, statistics, chaos theory, self-actualization, and the theory of multiple intelligences. Drawing on the work of Walter Shewhart (the father of Statistical Quality Control), W. Edwards Deming, Carl Jung, James Lovelock, Bertrand Russell, and many other luminaries, The MetaKnowledge Advantage offers a comprehensive -- and extremely flexible -- strategy for good management and ethical behavior in any industry.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.