- Table View
- List View
The only guide to Small Claims Court that provides tips by former judges, Everybody's Guide to Small Claims Court helps you bring or defend your small claims suit without a lawyer. This legal primer shows you how to build your case, present evidence, and covers in detail what to expect when you have personal injury, auto damage, dry cleaning damage, or landlord/tenant issues. Find out how to: write a demand letter file and serve papers prepare a winning presentation prepare and present evidence line up persuasive witnesses figure out your damages mediate a settlement collect money when you win This edition is completely updated with a current appendix of small claims rules and limits, an expanded discussion of mediation, and more advice from real judges and commissioners.
Evaluate your claim, figure out your best course of action and represent yourself in small claims court with this definitive guide Everybody's Guide to Small Claims Court in California gives you step-by-step instructions to bring or defend your case. From preparing evidence and lining up persuasive witnesses, to making a presentation in court and collecting the money you're awarded, this plain English book leads you through the entire process of going to court without a lawyer. Plus, it's the only book around that helps you factor in out-of-court issues, such as personal relationships, to help you determine whether going to court is worth the potential for recovery. Everybody's Guide to Small Claims Court in California shows you how to: . evaluate whether you have a winning case . mediate a settlement . determine how much to sue for . write your demand letter . file and serve papers . prepare evidence and witnesses for court . plan a winning courtroom strategy . convince the judge that you are right . collect your money when you win This edition is updated with the latest rules and statutes for California's small claims courts, including instructions for accessing local courts and finding out their procedures.
Retire happy and healthy without keeping a million bucks in the bank! The financial-service industry wants you to believe that in order to avoid financial destitution, you need to put aside huge amounts of money that you -- let's say it together -- "should have begun saving years ago." Not true, states Ralph Warner, Nolo co-founder and the author of Get a Life . Although a sensible savings plan makes good horse sense, many other actions and decisions will determine whether you enjoy your retirement years. Get a Life shows you how to beat the anxiety surrounding retirement, and to develop a plan to make your golden years the best of your life by: developing family relationships maintaining and creating friendships improving health keeping active developing a robust curiosity for the world realistically calculating how much money you need and how to secure it The 5th edition provides the latest research and studies that show physically and mentally active retirees live longer and enjoy happier lives. New in 2008: Also in this category, by coauthor Ralph Warner, Retire Happy: What you Can Do Now to Guarantee a Great Retirement.
Stay in business even through tough times with these simple, quick steps to small business survival. Small businesses are vulnerable in tough economic times. Undercapitalized and with little experience coping with the legal and practical issues that come up during recession, many businesses fail as their profit margins drop and clients pay late -- if at all. Save Your Small Business, written by a business owner who has survived three decades of challenges and economic downturns, provides 10 no-nonsense strategies designed to protect your personal assets from creditors and survive the current recession. You'll get practical advice to tackle such concerns as: Can my business be saved? Which are the most immediate and effective cuts I should make? How do I pay bills, negotiate debts -- and still make sure everyone in my office is paid on time? How can I creatively and effectively market my business on the cheap? How can I sell high-margin goods or services to get back in the black? How do I make sure my personal assets aren't vulnerable to my business' creditors? In these tough times of falling demand, impatient creditors, tight credit, and fierce competition, staying in the black is a constant battle, requiring smart moves and decisiveness under pressure. Save Your Small Business shows you how to weather the economic storm, including how to proceed when going out of business is inevitable.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.