In 1966 Harry Constance became a member of the newly formed U.S. Navy SEALS TEAM II. By 1970 he was a veteran of 300 combat missions in Vietnam, had captured almost two hundred enemy prisoners, and had received 32 citations, including three bronze stars and a purple heart. In Good To Go, Constance powerfully recounts his experience during three tours in Vietnam as a member of Seal Team II, Seventh Platoon. Known as fierce warriors with amazing stealth and skill in battle, the Seals are an elite force trained to fight on sea, air, and land with sophisticated special operation warfare tactics. Made famous by Richard Marcinko's Rogue Warrior Books, here is a behind-the-scenes look at what Seal combat was really like. From the flood plains of the Mecong Delta to the beaches of the south China Sea, Good To Go takes readers on Constance's harrowing missions, along trails crisscrossed by trip wires and through dense jungles booby-trapped with live grenades. Each "Special Op" is dramatic: the Seventh Platoon sets up ambushes, infiltrates Viet Cong territory, preforms daring nighttime attacks, targets the location of high-level VC Officials, and narrowly escapes enemy fire. Constance gives an extra ordinary account of the Tet offensive, which his platoon fought from a hotel Mi Tho. But in recounting the ferocious battle of Tet, Constance shows why Seal humor and bravado always won the day. After Constance leaves Vietnam, Good To Go follows him as he plays a key role in the expansion of the Seal program. His duty training recruits for undercover clandestine Ops and going on dangerous assignments around globe - in South America hot spots and onboard nuclear submarines - reflects his inspiring dedication to the Seals. Constance's unforgettable memoir reveals the loyalty, bravery, and honor behind the Seal mystique. Packed with astonishing descriptions of the Seals real-life adventure in the deadliest of war zones, Good To Go captures the heroism and profound courage that have made the Seals legendary.
"Fractions of a second in time. What amazing violence can be meted out in the blink of an eye."In the mid-nineteen sixties, Harry Constance made a life-altering journey that led him out of Texas and into the jungles of Vietnam. As a young naval officer, he went from UDT training to the U.S. Navy's newly formed SEAL Team Two, and then straight into furious action. By 1970, he was already the veteran of three hundred combat missions and the recipient of thirty-two military citations, including three Bronze Stars and a Purple Heart.Good To Go is Constance's powerful, firsthand account of his three tours of duty as a member of America's most elite, razor-sharp stealth fighting force. It is a breathtaking memoir of harrowing missions and covert special-ops--from the floodplains of the Mekong Delta to the beaches of the South China Sea--that places the reader in the center of bloody ambushes and devastating firefights. But his extraordinary adventure goes even farther--beyond 'Nam--as we accompany Constance and the SEALs on astonishing missions to some of the world's most dangerous hot-spots . . . and experience close-up the courage, dedication, and unparalleled skill that made the U.S. Navy SEALs legendary.Includes 8 Pages of SEAL Team Action Photos!
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.