- Table View
- List View
Riveting suspense and fascinating scientific speculation combine to create a menacing world of danger and intrigue. Brilliant and driven, scientists Rachel and Dillon are on the verge of developing a quantum computer that could change the world. Suddenly their discovery is sabotaged and the treachery escalates. They have no choice but to run---but are they moving away from or toward the enemy?
The sequel to the award-winning Oxygen. Courage and self-sacrifice have finally brought the crew of Ares 10 safely to the planet Mars. They enthusiastically begin the mission they were sent to perform. Though working under dangerous conditions and experiencing strained relationships, the astronauts are encouraged by fascinating discoveries that seem to point to the presence of microscopic life on the planet. But their work is disrupted when frightening sabotage, like that of the trip to Mars, begins again. Is the "fifth man" alien or human? In this exciting sequel to Christie-award winning "Oxygen," high-stakes action, fascinating characters, and exciting romance will captivate both male and female readers.
In the year 2012 Valkerie Jansen, a young microbial ecologist, is presented with an amazing opportunity to continue her research as a member of the NASA corps of astronauts. When a sudden resignation opens the door for her to be a part of a mission to Mars in 2014, her life dream becomes a reality. Dreams turn suddenly to nightmares for NASA and the crew as an explosion cripples the spacecraft on the outward voyage. The crew's survival depends on complete trust in one another-- but is one of the four a saboteur?
In A.D. 66, Jerusalem cowers as imperial Rome prepares for war---but one woman already knows the outcome. Time travelers from the far future, Rivka and her husband, Ari, are caught in the violence. Rivka knows that before Jerusalem is destroyed, a prophet will warn the church. Is she the one?
War looms on the horizon but one woman already knows the outcome....final book in the time travel series City of God.
While playing a virtual reality game, Rivka Meyers, an American Messianic Jew visiting Israel for an archaeological dig, becomes trapped in ancient Salem, and involved in a plot to destroy the spread of Christianity.
What is the truth about the Bible code? How can you decide what to believe? Why does it matter? Around the world, men and women are captivated by a theory so incredible that, if proven true, it would forever revolutionize mankind's view of Scripture. Some experts have claimed the Bible contains a code that accurately predicts today's events. Others renounce the Bible code theory as unfounded.Using a new statistical test that promises to provide an authoritative, credible answer to the Bible code debate, computational physicist Dr. Randall Ingermanson leads you on an easily understandable, meticulously planned investigation of the evidence at hand-addressing the most urgent questions surrounding the Bible code controversy and carefully examining how recent findings could affect your faith.From the Trade Paperback edition.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.