- Table View
- List View
In 1966 Harry Constance became a member of the newly formed U.S. Navy SEALS TEAM II. By 1970 he was a veteran of 300 combat missions in Vietnam, had captured almost two hundred enemy prisoners, and had received 32 citations, including three bronze stars and a purple heart. In Good To Go, Constance powerfully recounts his experience during three tours in Vietnam as a member of Seal Team II, Seventh Platoon. Known as fierce warriors with amazing stealth and skill in battle, the Seals are an elite force trained to fight on sea, air, and land with sophisticated special operation warfare tactics. Made famous by Richard Marcinko's Rogue Warrior Books, here is a behind-the-scenes look at what Seal combat was really like. From the flood plains of the Mecong Delta to the beaches of the south China Sea, Good To Go takes readers on Constance's harrowing missions, along trails crisscrossed by trip wires and through dense jungles booby-trapped with live grenades. Each "Special Op" is dramatic: the Seventh Platoon sets up ambushes, infiltrates Viet Cong territory, preforms daring nighttime attacks, targets the location of high-level VC Officials, and narrowly escapes enemy fire. Constance gives an extra ordinary account of the Tet offensive, which his platoon fought from a hotel Mi Tho. But in recounting the ferocious battle of Tet, Constance shows why Seal humor and bravado always won the day. After Constance leaves Vietnam, Good To Go follows him as he plays a key role in the expansion of the Seal program. His duty training recruits for undercover clandestine Ops and going on dangerous assignments around globe - in South America hot spots and onboard nuclear submarines - reflects his inspiring dedication to the Seals. Constance's unforgettable memoir reveals the loyalty, bravery, and honor behind the Seal mystique. Packed with astonishing descriptions of the Seals real-life adventure in the deadliest of war zones, Good To Go captures the heroism and profound courage that have made the Seals legendary.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.