- Table View
- List View
American Literature for Christian Schools tells the story of the writing done in the United States from its beginnings until the present. It covers key events, major literary movements, and principal players of a dynamic heritage that was born four centuries ago and remains today a vital expression of the heart and soul of the American people. Like other anthologies it showcases as fully as possible the rich variety and impressive appeal of the literature produced in this nation. But the book does more. It tells the story of a culture that has shifted from essential agreement with the truth of God's Word to almost universal rejection of that truth. At times the change, as reflected in the literature, has been virtually glacial in its pace, hardly discernible to those of its day. At other times the change has been dramatic, apparent even to casual observers.
"Explorations in Literature" is divided into six units that contain a broad range of literature in a variety of genres and from varying periods. Each unit reflects a different theme: courage, nature and man, generosity, our land, humility, and family. Christian textbook.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.