- Table View
- List View
Helps students to assess what they've learned by providing excercises pertaining to what was learned in each chapter. Includes true/false, short answer, multiple choice, etc. questions.
This classic, newly-revised book presents fundamental mathematics in the context of business and consumer applications to help put readers on the path to success. The all-new 1997 edition improves upon previous editions with a wealth of updated features. The material in Applied Business Mathematics will teach the student, the mathematical and critical thinking skills that will help him be a smart shopper, an informed citizen, and a valued employee.
Math is an integral part of business. Let the 15th Edition of Applied Business Math provide comprehensive coverage of personal and business-related finance. Learn the curriculum by lesson presentations that include examples with solutions. Basic math skills, spreadsheet applications, a simulation, and e-commerce are presented within each chapter. Upon completion you are prepared to understand and manage your personal finances, as well as grasp the fundamentals of business finance.
BUSINESS MATH provides comprehensive coverage of personal and business-related mathematics. In addition to reviewing the basic operations of arithmetic, students are prepared to understand and manage their personal finances, as well as grasp the fundamentals of business finances. Basic math skills are covered in a step-by-step manner, building confidence in users before they try it alone. Spreadsheet applications are available on the Data CD and a simulation activity begins every chapter. Chapters are organized into short lessons for ease of instruction and ease of learning.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.