Stella Artois Presents Ten Years of The Walrus Laughs. The Walrus magazine ten-year anniversary series kicks off with six of the funniest, wittiest examples of gut-busting hilarity from our pages and The Walrus Laughs website. With pieces from Pasha Malla, Marni Jackson, Jacob Pacey, Wendy Dennis and Rebecca Addelman, this collection is sure to brighten even your darkest day. This anthology is brought to you by Stella Artois. Visit www.stellaartois.com/lasociete and join La Société for access to a free ebook, exclusive experiences, daily musings and much more. The Walrus celebrates ten years of award-winning stories, articles, poetry, and prose with our 10th Anniversary anthology series. Each themed anthology includes award-winning writing, staff favourites, and some of our most commented on and controversial articles from the first ten-years of Canada's best magazine.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.