- Table View
- List View
[from the back cover] "Evergreen by Rebecca Germany. To fill the void of her first holiday alone, Nora, a string reporter for the local paper, agrees to do a story on the homeless shelters--accompanied by a certain rakishly handsome photographer. Is Rick Thompson too good to be true, or is he the man of her dreams? Search for the Star by Mary Hawkins. To Jean Drew, Christmas is a time to work, not spend with family. Until this year, that is, when she's invited to spend the holidays with her niece--and then to witness her wedding. Also on the guest list is Dr. Jonathan Howard, a man who once embodied all of Jean's dreams. Could they have another chance at love? The Christmas Wreath by Veda Boyd Jones. Jennifer Faucett is dwelling in the past, not dreaming of the future, as she prepares to spend one last Christmas in the home of her recently deceased grandmother. Next door, Mike Shannon, now a successful novelist, has come seeking peace and quiet--and finding neither when he encounters the woman of his dreams. Christmas Baby by Melanie Panagiotopoulos. Christmas amid the ruins in Athens, Greece, on the arm of a modern-day Adonis, sounds like a dream vacation. But there's a much more poignant reason for Christina Raffias visit: She's come to meet her birth mother. Christina's Christmas dreams seem destined to come true... until she realizes she may have to make an unthinkable sacrifice."
Here in one inexpensive volume are four new inspirational love stories from Christmases gone by.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.