- Table View
- List View
Donatelle (public health, Oregon State University) challenges undergraduate students to think globally as they consider health risks and personal health decisions. New opportunities for self-assessment and behavior change are offered in this edition, in the form of behavior change contracts and boxes on tattoos, safer sex, and club drugs. There is expanded information on the mind-body connection and alternative medicine, as well as new coverage of contraceptive devices and weight management. Annotation (c)2003 Book News, Inc., Portland, OR (booknews.com)
It's current, it's accurate, it's user-friendly, and it's FUN! With an emphasis on environmental responsibility, the new Health: The Basics, Green Edition features compelling graphics and relatable content that bring health topics to life, keeping you hooked on learning and living well. Now enhanced with an even more comprehensive package of student support materials, this edition makes learning personal health easier than ever. TheGreen Editionincludes an environmental feature; new mini-chapters; a brand new art program with a new, lively design; and additional content on behavior chan>= in addition to a robust and expanded supplements package.
The organization of the book into modules allows students to customize their study plan to fit their particular time constraints. Learning outcomes and "Check Yourself" review questions tied to these outcomes are part of each module, so students can learn the information and then test their understanding right away, getting immediate feedback on their progress. My Health's learning outcomes were developed and edited by instructors to ensure that they meet the course's needs nationwide.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.