Donatelle (public health, Oregon State University) challenges undergraduate students to think globally as they consider health risks and personal health decisions. New opportunities for self-assessment and behavior change are offered in this edition, in the form of behavior change contracts and boxes on tattoos, safer sex, and club drugs. There is expanded information on the mind-body connection and alternative medicine, as well as new coverage of contraceptive devices and weight management. Annotation (c)2003 Book News, Inc., Portland, OR (booknews.com)
For personal health courses. Motivating students to make healthy choices. Long known for its currency, research, and strength in behavior change, Access to Health provides key information through a consistent framework for motivating students to make healthy life choices. As a teacher, mentor, and researcher, Rebecca J. Donatelle knows the issues that are important to today's students. Through her friendly writing style, she addresses students' concerns and teaches them to be savvy and critical consumers of health information.
It's current, it's accurate, it's user-friendly, and it's FUN! With an emphasis on environmental responsibility, the new Health: The Basics, Green Edition features compelling graphics and relatable content that bring health topics to life, keeping you hooked on learning and living well. Now enhanced with an even more comprehensive package of student support materials, this edition makes learning personal health easier than ever. TheGreen Editionincludes an environmental feature; new mini-chapters; a brand new art program with a new, lively design; and additional content on behavior chan>= in addition to a robust and expanded supplements package.
The organization of the book into modules allows students to customize their study plan to fit their particular time constraints. Learning outcomes and "Check Yourself" review questions tied to these outcomes are part of each module, so students can learn the information and then test their understanding right away, getting immediate feedback on their progress. My Health's learning outcomes were developed and edited by instructors to ensure that they meet the course's needs nationwide.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.