- Table View
- List View
Who will become the new minister of Grace Chapel? The church board can't stop squabbling, and every week the congregation hears a sermon from a different minister. Finally, a charming man is appointed to take over the pulpit, but the townspeople offer him a chilly reception. During his stay at Grace Chapel Inn, the sisters slowly warm up to him. But will he win over the townsfolk--and Aunt Ethel--as well?
Once readers visit the charming village of Acorn Hill, they'll never want to leave. Three sisters -- Louise, a widow from Philadelphia; Alice, an unmarried nurse who lived with her father; and Jane, a divorced chef from San Francisco -- reunite in the sleepy town after their father's death and turn the family home into a charming bed-and-breakfast. Here the sisters rekindle old memories, rediscover their childhood bonds, revel in the blessings of friendship, and meet fascinating guests along the way. "Home for the Holidays", a new Christmas installment in the best-selling series (over a million copies sold), takes readers back to Acorn Hill and the characters they have grown to love. The Christmas spirit is settling over Acorn Hill, and the town is gearing up for a holiday house tour to showcase Acorn Hill's finest homes all decked out in wreathes and bows. But an unpleasant group of tourists is doing anything but making the season bright, and a stranded group of travellers shows up at the inn on Christmas Eve, seeking shelter from the storm and throwing off the sisters' plans for a quiet Christmas together. Through it all, the Howard sisters show their special blend of hospitality with their guests, who discover the importance of family and friendship -- and the true meaning of Christmas.
An antique trunk, a book of sketches and a long-buried secret plunge the Howard sisters into the middle of a mystery at Grace Chapel Inn. The family will eventually come to an understanding of what the future holds.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.