- Table View
- List View
According to a recent World Bank study of remittances, Bangladesh, India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka are all among the top 20 receivers of remittances, with estimated receipts of US$3.2 billion, US$8.4 billion and US$1.5 billion respectively. 'Migrant Labor Remittances in South Asia' identifies and discusses the key issues affecting the remittance industry in South Asia. It examines the development and implementation of policies, processes, and infrastructure to foster a development-oriented transfer of financial resources between migrants in developed economies and their families in the region. Rather than duplicate previous remittances work, this title only focuses on the region?s distinguishing characteristics, namely: --A large migrant population of semi-skilled and unskilled workers largely concentrated in the Arabian Gulf countries, particularly Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates. --The presence of dedicated public institutions and government financial incentives aimed at facilitating and providing incentives for temporary migration and remittance inflows --The existence of large state bank branch networks with immense potential for a more effective and efficient remittance financial market. --The widespread usage of trade related informal remittance channels by both legal and illegal migrants. The book is intended for policymakers who legislate and regulate the financial sector, as well as for researchers and providers of remittance services.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.