- Table View
- List View
This book supports trainees on primary initial teacher training courses where a secure knowledge and understanding of mathematics is required for the award of Qualified Teacher Status (QTS). A rigorous test enables trainees to identify their strengths and weaknesses in mathematics and this can be revisited in order to monitor and evaluate progress towards QTS. Trainees are able to direct their studies more usefully and quickly develop confidence in topics they find difficult. This edition is fully up to date with the 2007 QTS Standards.
The 6th edition of this popular core text is the essential subject knowledge book for primary mathematics. Helping trainees to establish and consolidate a secure subject knowledge and understanding of primary mathematics, it promotes the development of confident, creative and effective teachers. This 6th edition is linked to the 2012 Teachers' Standards. Providing full coverage of the required subject knowledge for primary mathematics, this is a core text for primary trainees working towards QTS. Self assessment questions enable readers to understand their own level of knowledge and an M level extension feature in all chapters suggests avenues for further study at Masters level. Research summaries include the latest works in primary mathematics and throughout interactive tasks engage the reader with the text, helping them to link theory and practice. Trainees will find it helpful to use this book alongside Primary Mathematics Teaching Theory and Practice. About the Achieving QTS series All the books in this successful series support trainees through their initial teacher training and guide them in the acquistion of their subject knowledge, understanding and classroom practice. All new titles within the series link to the 2012 Teachers' Standards and take in to account recent changes in Initial Teacher Training.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.