As a handbook for practicing pathologists, this book will be an indispensable aid to diagnosis and avoiding dangers in one of the most challenging situations that pathologists encounter. Rapid consideration of differential diagnoses and how to avoid traps caused by frozen section artifacts will be readily accessible to the users of this handbook. Currently, there is no other up-to-date single-source reference specifically focused on frozen sections of the lower gastrointestinal tract.
The Frozen Section Library series provides concise, user-friendly, site specific handbooks that are well illustrated and highlight the pitfalls, artifacts and differential diagnosis issues that arise in the hurried frozen section scenario. Frozen Section Library: Liver, Extrahepatic Biliary Tree and Gallbladder provides a convenient reference for use during intraoperative consultation. The volume addresses commonly encountered challenges, such as the diagnosis of primary and secondary hepatic neoplasms and assessment of gross abnormalities of the gallbladder. The assessment of frozen section biopsies for liver transplantation, a challenging and increasingly encountered situation, is detailed in the form of histologic criteria that should be reported. Emphasis is placed on the differential diagnoses of gross and microscopic findings with attention to potential pitfalls and artifacts encountered on frozen section. gross and microscopic images are provided as well as user-friendly tables for quick reference.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.