- Table View
- List View
As a handbook for practicing pathologists, this book will be an indispensable aid to diagnosis and avoiding dangers in one of the most challenging situations that pathologists encounter. Rapid consideration of differential diagnoses and how to avoid traps caused by frozen section artifacts will be readily accessible to the users of this handbook. Currently, there is no other up-to-date single-source reference specifically focused on frozen sections of the lower gastrointestinal tract.
The Frozen Section Library series provides concise, user-friendly, site specific handbooks that are well illustrated and highlight the pitfalls, artifacts and differential diagnosis issues that arise in the hurried frozen section scenario. Frozen Section Library: Liver, Extrahepatic Biliary Tree and Gallbladder provides a convenient reference for use during intraoperative consultation. The volume addresses commonly encountered challenges, such as the diagnosis of primary and secondary hepatic neoplasms and assessment of gross abnormalities of the gallbladder. The assessment of frozen section biopsies for liver transplantation, a challenging and increasingly encountered situation, is detailed in the form of histologic criteria that should be reported. Emphasis is placed on the differential diagnoses of gross and microscopic findings with attention to potential pitfalls and artifacts encountered on frozen section. gross and microscopic images are provided as well as user-friendly tables for quick reference.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.