- Table View
- List View
Due to the rapid and steady growth of available low-cost computer power, the use of computers for discovering and designing new drugs is becoming a central topic in modern molecular biology and medicinal chemistry. In Computational Drug Discovery and Design: Methods and Protocols expert researchers in the field provide key techniques to investigate biomedical applications for drug developments based on computational chemistry. These include methods and techniques from binding sites prediction to the accurate inclusion of solvent and entropic effects, from high-throughput screening of large compound databases to the expanding area of protein-protein inhibition, toward quantitative free-energy approaches in ensemble-based drug design using distributed computing. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular BiologyTM series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, reference to software and open source analysis tools, step-by-step, readily reproducible computational protocols, and key tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls. Thorough and intuitive, Computational Drug Discovery and Design: Methods and Protocols aids scientists in the continuing study of state-of-the-art concepts and computer-based methodologies.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.