What will we leave behind in this new digital age? As digital technology takes an ever-increasing role in our lives, one question is how we'll manage our collections after we're gone. What takes the place of shoeboxes full of pictures and dog-eared record albums? Get an inside look at Microsoft researcher Richard Banks's thinking about how we might manage the digital artifacts and content we're creating now--and how we might pass on or inherit these kinds of items in the future. About the Microsoft Research Series At Microsoft Research, we're driven to imagine and to invent. Our desire is to create technology that helps people realize their full potential, and to advance the state of the art in computer science. The Microsoft Research series shares the insights of Microsoft researchers as they explore the new and the transformative.
"Visual Studio 2012 Cookbook" is a concise and practical cookbook with recipes which get you up and running straight away with all the new functionality of Visual Studio 2012. If you are a developer excited about the new features introduced in Visual Studio 2012, then no matter what your programming language of choice is, "Visual Studio 2012 Cookbook" is for you. You should have a good knowledge of working with previous versions of Visual Studio to enjoy the recipes in this book.
This book is a practical guide to using Visual Studio 2013 that will help you become familiar with the improvements made over previous versions. Each recipe provides a hands-on approach to the new features with step-by-step instructions on how to increase your productivity. If you are a developer excited about the new features introduced in Visual Studio 2013, then no matter what your programming language of choice is, Visual Studio 2013 Cookbook is for you. You should have a good knowledge of working with previous versions of Visual Studio to enjoy the recipes in this book. This book provides practical examples to help you use Visual Studio 2013 more effectively.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.