- Table View
- List View
Oscar Wilde, although most commonly known as a playright, was also a critic. The Artist as Critic is a wide selection of Wilde's book reviews as well as famous longer works such as "The Portrait of Mr. W.H.," "The Soul Man under Socialism," and the four essays which make up Intentions.
Biographies, histories, and literary criticisms of the 4 Irish authors.
A historical survey of the literary biography, looking at the founding fathers of literary thought.
Biography of the Irish author. Listed #73 on Modern Library's top 100 nonfiction books of the century.<P><P> Winner of the National Book Award
A splendid collection of literary essays. Ellmann's "Oscar Wilde" was a tremendous critical success, winning both the NBCC and the Pulitzer Prize last year.
Anthology designed for undergraduate poetry courses. Drawn from modern verse in English, covering Walt Whitman to the present.
The biography sensitive to the tragic pattern of a great subject: Oscar Wilde - psychologically and sexually complicated, enormously quotable, central to a alluring cultural world and someone whose life assumed an unbearably dramatic shape.
The author of modern biographies lucidly disentwines the narrative, ethical, aesthetic, and ultimate levels of James Joyce's masterpiece Ulysses. Much of the evidence is internal, but he also makes the first use of some important indications by Joyce himself.
The most influential poet of his age, Yeats eluded the grasp of many who sought to explain him. In this classic critical examination of the poet, Richard Ellmann strips away the masks of his subject: occultist, senator of the Irish Free State, libidinous old man, and Nobel Prize winner.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.