- Table View
- List View
Provides the essential foundation for psychology students, this is a revised and updated version of the most trusted introduction written by the bestselling psychology author Richard Gross.Psychology: The Science of Mind and Behaviour has helped over half a million students worldwide. It is the essential introduction to psychology, covering all students need to know to understand and evaluate classic and contemporary topics.- Enables students to easily access psychological theories and research with colourful, user-friendly content and useful features including summaries, critical discussion and research updates - Helps students to understand the research process with contributions from leading psychologists including Elizabeth Loftus, Alex Haslam and David Canter - Ensures students are up to date with the latest issues and debates with this fully updated edition
Stimulate critical thinking with this thematic approach to Psychology by best-selling author Richard Gross, that integrates topics, theories and areas of research. Themes, Issues and Debates in Psychology is ideal reading for all students of Psychology and is relevant to both the synoptic element of A2 and undergraduate courses. This thematic approach is not usually found in traditional textbooks. - Aids understanding with a thematic approach that provides a historical and theoretical context for what are usually treated as 'standalone'topics - Encourages a broader, more integrated approach to essay writing - Motivates critical thinking to stretch and challenge students in areas such as behaviour, culture, consciousness, parapsychology and religion
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.