- Table View
- List View
This book is written for great leaders, parents, coaches and mentors who want to become great teachers. The Seven Laws of Learning examines why people like Confucius, Nelson Mandela, Jesus, Winston Churchill, Evita Peron, Mahatma Gandhi and other extraordinary leaders were able to teach new ideas in ways that not only engaged people but persuaded them to use their free will to bring about personal and global change. Too many leaders forget the universal truth that messages- instead of being filled with facts and data- are most effectively communicated by storytelling, metaphor, and teaching that motivates and inspires. In the clutter of all of the data and discussion and PowerPoint slides and lists and handouts, too many leaders do little or nothing to capture the imagination and inspire us to improve, to grow and to change ourselves and our organizations in ways that matter. When you understand and apply the age-old principles you'll learn from The Seven Laws of Learning, your leadership, parenting, coaching and working with others will be more effective, and you will reap the rewards that always accompany great teaching. And, you will have a more positive and lasting impact on those with whom you interact.
In good times and bad, in times of economic downturn and times of wartime peril, we as Americans have shown our mettle. There is something in the historical DNA of this people- a resilience, a power, a talent for innovation, a unique and empowering bravery- that has carried us forward as a nation and a people for nearly 250 years. This book is about this history, this inheritance, this people. These characteristics apply not just to the people of the United States as a whole, but to each of us as individuals. Whether we are leaders, followers, friends, co-workers, parents, spouses, partners or simply sojourners in this thing we call life- it is rare for us to see those we care about suffer and not want to change their circumstances or alleviate their suffering. It is an almost in-born trait that we as individuals and as a nation tend to seek ways to overcome the challenges we periodically face. Home of the Brave is about meeting our individual challenges and the challenges of those we care about and care for. It is about finding the time-proven principles in the historical DNA of great Americans that we can draw on- not only for strength but for practical insight and action that can make even the most challenging times more manageable, even conquerable.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.