Management For Dummies, 2nd Edition has been updated to include the latest trends in management thinking, updates on management software and technology and includes brand new sections covering globalisation, internationalisation, leadership and managing in difficult times. Written by a team of business professionals with decades of experience, this book is perfect for all levels of managers; new managers and managers-to-be can find everything they need to know to be successful; experienced managers can find tips on shifting their perspectives to take a fresh look at their management philosophies and techniques to make their jobs easier and their employees a lot more effective.
If you're having trouble motivating your employees, need to resolve a conflict, or want to learn how to better monitor your employees' performance, this straight-forward guide will take you step by step through every aspect of managing. Packed with expert advice on team-building, communication skills, identifying talented employees, and letting go of staff, Managing for Dummies takes the stress out of what can be an intimidating and high-pressured job.The book will be adapted from the current US edition of Managing for Dummies. Existing content will be revised to reflect essential UK information including:UK-specific case studies, including references to recognisable UK businessesUK business practice, including ethics, employee and employers rights and responsibilities, hiring and firing - with reference to UK lawUK websitesUK financial information
Written by a team of business and fi nance experts, Starting & Running a Business All-In-One For Dummies is a complete guide to every aspect of setting up and growing a successful business. Featuring straight-talking advice on everything from business planning and marketing, managing staff and dealing with legal issues, to bookkeeping and taking care of tax obligations, this book is your one-stop guide to turning your business plans into profit.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.