- Table View
- List View
Looking for Love in All the Wrong Places? Here's How to End the Search!Are you stuck in a revolving door of bad dates? Or maybe you've given up on finding a meaningful relationship altogether. According to dating experts David Coleman and Richard Doyle, it doesn't have to be that way. You can have that happy, healthy relationship you've been looking for. With eye-opening exercises, quizzes, and other self-assessment tools, the authors show you how to pinpoint specific aspects of your personality that have caused you to pick poorly, remain in bad relationships, or sabotage good ones. Once you understand the reasons why you choose a certain type of person, you can focus on how to choose and attract the right person for you. Inside, you'll learn how to avoid: Bad Picks ·The Girdle--strives to control you ·The Dog Catcher--flees at the first sign of commitment ·The Ferrari--requires high maintenance Bad Kissers ·The Hoover--sucks out fillings, tongue--anything ·Niagara Falls--produces enough liquid for a regatta ·The Puppy--licks you all over your face Bad Break-ups ·The Western Union--ends relationship by letter, note, or e-mail ·The Freezer--turns from warm and caring to cold and callous ·The Fade Away--lets the relationship fade by avoiding conflict "Insightful and enjoyable. You'll never approach your relationships the same way again."--Lynn Miller (aka Meg Lacey), President of Parke Media and novelist for Harlequin BooksFrom the Trade Paperback edition.
The story of Jack, the intrepid boy whose courage and ingenuity defeated a host of many-headed giants, has been told to children for hundreds of years. In 1842, when he was just 18, Richard Doyle, whose natural talent for draftsmanship was matched by imaginative invention and a passion for legend and the grotesque, created a picture-book version of Jack the Giant Killer, with hand-written text and a watercolor within a pictorial border decorating every page. It has remained one of the most beloved versions of this timeless tale.In this new Everyman's edition, Doyle's vivid, wonderfully engaging illustrations have been enlarged and the text has been given greater legibility. It is a book that will satisfy both the child's delight in scariness, wonder, and magic, and the collector's pleasure in classic Victorian illustration.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.