This book presents a fundamental approach to the teaching and learning of language.
A perfect text seldom springs fully formed from your mind; instead, you must plan your text before you write and work to improve it after drafting.
The book "Elements of Language" is divided into four major parts: Part 1 Communications; Part 2 Sentences and Paragraphs; Part 3 Grammar, Usage, and Mechanics; and Part 4 Quick Reference Handbook.
Elements of Language can be an important resource by helping you use language more effectively as you communicate in the twenty-first century.
Textbook on communication, grammar, and reading the English language.
The book "Elements of Language" is an important resource by helping students use language more effectively as they communicate in the twenty-first century.
This book serves as a useful guide to developing skill as an effective and critical language user--a communicator--in the twenty-first century.
This book guides to developing your skill as an effective and critical language user-a communicator in the twenty-first century.
Elements of Language is divided into four major parts: 1. Communications 2. Sentences and paragraphs, 3. Grammar, usage, and mechanics 4. Quick reference handbook
Elements of Language contains skills that not only help you do well in your classes and on state tests, but also help you communicate effectively with others.
Discover more about the stories, poems, and essays in Elements of Literature by logging on to the Internet. At go.hrw.com we help you complete your homework assignments, learn more about your favorite writers, and find facts that support your ideas and inspire you with new ones.
Communications shows you how to develop the skills you use to receive communications through reading, listening, and viewing and to send communications through writing, speaking, and representing.
Throughout your school career, you've become familiar with the language arts skills and strategies that help you read, write, and create and analyze presentations or media messages. These skills not only help you do well in your classes and on state tests, but also help you communicate effectively with others.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.