- Table View
- List View
Essential SQLAlchemy introduces a high-level open-source code library that makes it easier for Python programmers to access relational databases such as Oracle, DB2, MySQL, PostgreSQL, and SQLite. SQLAlchemy has become increasingly popular since its release, but it still lacks good offline documentation. This practical book fills the gap, and because a developer wrote it, you get an objective look at SQLAlchemy's tools rather than an advocate's description of all the "cool" features. SQLAlchemy includes both a database server-independent SQL expression language and an object-relational mapper (ORM) that lets you map "plain old Python objects" (POPOs) to database tables without substantially changing your existing Python code. Essential SQLAlchemy demonstrates how to use the library to create a simple database application, walks you through simple queries, and explains how to use SQLAlchemy to connect to multiple databases simultaneously with the same Metadata. You also learn how to:Create custom types to be used in your schema, and when it's useful to use custom rather than built-in types Run queries, updates, and deletes with SQLAlchemy's SQL expression language Build an object mapper with SQLAlchemy, and understand the differences between this and active record patterns used in other ORMs Create objects, save them to a session, and flush them to the database Use SQLAlchemy to model object oriented inheritance Provide a declarative, active record pattern for use with SQLAlchemy using the Elixir extension Use the SQLSoup extension to provide an automatic metadata and object model based on database reflection In addition, you'll learn how and when to use other extensions to SQLAlchemy, including AssociationProxy, OrderingList, and more.Essential SQLAlchemy is the much-needed guide for every Python developer using this code library. Instead of a feature-by-feature documentation, this book takes an "essentials" approach that gives you exactly what you need to become productive with SQLAlchemy right away.
Dive into SQLAlchemy, the popular, open-source code library that helps Python programmers work with relational databases such as Oracle, MySQL, PostgresSQL, and SQLite. Using real-world examples, this practical guide shows you how to build a simple database application with SQLAlchemy, and how to connect to multiple databases simultaneously with the same metadata.SQL is a powerful language for querying and manipulating data, but it's tough to integrate it with your application. SQLAlchemy helps you map Python objects to database tables without substantially changing your existing Python code. If you're an intermediate Python developer with knowledge of basic SQL syntax and relational theory, this book serves as both a learning tool and a handy reference.Essential SQLAlchemy includes several sections:SQLAlchemy Core: Provide database services to your applications in a Pythonic way with the SQL Expression LanguageSQLAlchemy ORM: Use the object relational mapper to bind database schema and operations to data objects in your applicationAlembic: Use this lightweight database migration tool to handle changes to the database as your application evolvesCookbook: Learn how to use SQLAlchemy with web frameworks like Flask and libraries like SQLAcodegen
<p>The book's focus on the practical aspects of the MongoDB implementation makes it an ideal purchase for developers charged with bringing MongoDB's scalability to bear on the particular problem you've been tasked to solve.</p>
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.