- Table View
- List View
In the tradition of Married to the Mob and The Wedding Banquet, Rob Byrnes' wickedly funny debut novel serves up the most deliciously wacky love story in ages--a screwball romantic comedy where boy gets gorgeous Mafia boyfriend, boy loses Mafia boyfriend and nearly gets whacked by most of New York, boy gets Mafia boyfriend and more than he bargained for. . . We Are Family Just Took On A Whole New Meaning. . . Andrew Westlake's life is boring him into a coma. After fifteen years in New York, he has not met up with the gay equivalent of the Rat Pack. He has not realized his dream of becoming the literary voice of his generation. And he most definitely has not met a Mr. Right to share a fabulous penthouse with a view of something other than an air shaft. In fact, the love of his life has just left their cramped, Upper West Side apartment to move in with an apprentice window designer with bleached hair, and Andrew's two novels have tanked, ending up in bookstore bargain bins. Stuck in a dead-end publishing job and still nursing his broken heart and tepid reviews, Andrew is resigned to a life of anti-fabulousness. . . until the night he meets dark, hunky Frank DiBenedetto. With his confident way of taking care of things and his shy demeanor in the bedroom, Frank wins Andrew over. Who cares that Andrew's friends, the flamboyantly out-there David and wry Denise, suspect that there's more to Frank than he's letting on? A little mystery is good. . . right? Wrong! Not if the mystery is that your lover turns out to be the son of the Mafia's top boss, and he's engaged to Anna Franco--daughter of Crazy Tommy Franco--a woman who does not take kindly to catching her fiancé in the act of becoming a made man. Suddenly, Andrew's once-boring life is heating up with enough action to fuel ten novels. . . if only he can keep his very cute butt intact and his man from ending up on a Most Wanted poster. From a couple of sensitivity-trained cops to a persistent FBI agent. . . from guys with nicknames that all have to do with pain to a Mafia princess whose hair is nearly as big as her mouth. . . from ex-lovers, drag queens, and suspicious doormen to a cast of other characters as zany as New York, itself, The Night We Met is a frantic, nonstop, madcap romp through a wild romance no reader will be able to refuse.
From award-winning author Rob Byrnes comes a wickedly entertaining caper involving red-hot men, cold hard cash, and deliciously dirty deeds . . . Two Partners In CrimeGrant and Chase are a fun-loving pair of small-time hustlers with no money, little patience, and lots of get-rich-quick schemes. If only they could pull off the perfect crime-'The Big One,' as Grant calls it-Chase could finally quit his job at the supermarket and the two could retire in style. One Star In The ClosetRomeo Romero is the world's hottest openly gay celebrity. He's got the face, the abs, the fame, the fortune-and the sex video that could destroy his career. If this naughty little tape should fall into the wrong hands, Romeo's adoring fans would be in for one big surprise: He's straight. No LieWhen Grant and Chase hear about the video (thanks to a notorious Hamptons' gossip), it's a no-brainer. All they have to do is steal the tape, blackmail the star, and collect the cash. But then, when they stupidly leave the video in a New York cab, the would-be crooks have to wheel and deal with a sleazy tabloid editor, a lesbian real estate agent, a kinky Internet stalker, and an alluring boy toy to finally get to the truth . . . behind not-so-straight lies. Praise for Rob Byrnes and When The Stars Come Out . . . 'Clever dialogue and an astute rendering of the prices people pay to keep secrets buried add crossover appeal. '-Publishers Weekly'Byrnes turns out another deftly written and enticingly complex gay romance. '-Booklist
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.