- Table View
- List View
a brief account of the events of the Boston Tea Party for young children.
"The Declaration of Independence is an important piece of writing in American history. It was written in 1776. It is the basis for America's government and laws." This easy to read book tells the story of the writing of The Declaration of Indepencence. A fine book for a book report!
In this level one reader, young children learn about dogs. Other books by these authors are available in this library.
A phonics-based nonfiction book for level-two beginning readers, providing information about Helen Keller, a woman who achieved great things even though she could not see, speak, or hear. Includes an index and a list of books and Web sites for further study.
"You can do many things on in-line skates. Good skaters can do tricks. Some people play hockey." This simple text describes in-line skating, discussing where and how to do it, what the skates look like, and how to stay safe.
A biography of Leif Eriksson: Norwegian Explorer
In this Level One reader in the Wonder Book series, beginning readers learn how that small seed becomes a large pumpkin. Other books in this series, and other books by these authors, are available in this library.
a brief account of the American Revolution for young children.
In this book for beginning readers, children learn about goggles, floating and swimming. Other books by these authors are available in this library.
Are timber wolves always called by that name? Where do they live? What do they eat? Other books by these authors are available in this library.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.